- Huobi secured a Japanese licence by buying an already-licenced exchange in Japan.
- Huobi is the world’s 7th largest crypto exchange and is Singapore-based.
- In 2018, Huobi bought BitTrade, a Japan-based exchange with a licence from Japan’s Financial Services Agency (FSA).
- Given Huobi’s merger with BitTrade, Huobi Japan has now secured a full licence in Japan (under the Virtual Currency Exchange Service Provider licence).
- 17 such licences has been issued so far.
- A number of other large exchanges are still waiting for a licence.