- Singapore-based Securities Token Exchange startup, ICHX, has been accepted into the Monetary Authority of Singapore’s (MAS’s) Fintech Regulatory Sandbox.
- Blockchain-based Securities Tokens (STOs) mark ownership in securities such as equities and bonds.
- STOs are regulated as securities in Singapore, and as such are subject to Singapore’s Securities and Futures Act (SFA).
- Singapore Exchange (SGX) and a subsidiary of the Singapore Government’s investment company Temasek are investors in ICHX.
- There are currently two companies in the MAS’s Fintech Regulatory Sandbox (including ICHX).